At Eclat Spa we use only FDA and Health Canada approved fillers made of non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acids. Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Fillers are very safe, reliable, hypoallergenic because hyaluronic acid molecules are identical in all living organisms. Hyaluronic acid molecules attract water and help to keep skin and tissues plump and younger looking. HA is a natural moisturizer and its gradual loss is part of aging process. Restoring HA lost with HA fillers is an excellent treatment option. When injected in a gel form HA fillers are very smooth and natural looking. They are not permanent, and on average last 12 months.
Another tremendous advantage of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers is their irreversibility with hyaluronidase unlike older fillers. Hyaluronidase use for dissolving of HA filler is not FDA approved treatment, however it is extremely efficient and a standard of the industry. All these qualities of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers make them the best and the safest choice for correction of small and deep face wrinkles, for restoring volume loss in the face and hands, and for general rejuvenation of face and body.
Fillers are excellent for restoring volume lost as a part of aging process. Restoring volume in the face, hands, decollette area keeps them looking young and plump as tissues are hydrated and new collagen is produced. Hyaluronic acid in the fillers is in a gel form and once injected HA filler helps with hydrating the skin and tissues as well as with restoring volume and structure.
Skin issues to be corrected with HA fillers:
- Small and Deep lines, folds
- Volume loss
- “Tired”, “Sad” appearance
It is important to remember that face should be treated as a whole with a goal of restoring volume as oppose to filling certain areas.
Dynamic vs Static lines
- Dynamic lines: Lines caused by repetitive muscle contraction. These lines are mostly visible with muscle movement (i.e. facial expression). Best treated with Neurotoxins.
- Static lines: Deep lines/folds caused by volume loss or Dynamic lines that have been untreated over a long period of time and have become deep. These lines/folds are visible even without muscle movement (i.e. No facial expression). Best treated with Dermal Fillers.
- Gender, age, facial attractiveness are predominantly defined by facial shape.
- A smooth oval shape of the face is the most desirable representing the youthfulness
- In the female face the widest point is cheekbones peaking down to the chin without excessively sharp angles.
- With aging oval facial form changes to a more square-like face form.
- Restoring oval shape with narrowing the chin area and augmenting cheekbones are the cornerstones of facial treatment with fillers and the first treatments to be implemented for reversing aging.
- Square-like facial form is the most desirable.
- Defined jawline and strong jaw angle are required to keep facial features more younger looking
- Contouring of the jawline and adding volume to cheekbones are the main procedures to be beneficial for restoring male facial youthfulness.
- Face needs to be in equal thirds: from top of forehead to horizontal line going through both pupils horizontally, and from pupil horizontal line to horizontal line going right under nose, and the final third from nose to lowest chin point.
- Fillers are excellent treatment for feature augmentation to restore or create ideal proportions of the face
Macroscopic vs microscopic aging
- Deep lines
- Loss of facial contours
- Decrease in skin quality
- Decrease in skin glow, radiance, complexion
- Poor texture, hydration, and elasticity
- Appearance of very fine lines – “micro-wrinkles”
HA Fillers are excellent treatment choice to address both types of aging.
Beautification vs Rejuvenation
Clients who would benefit the most from treatment with HA fillers can fall into beautification category which would be focused more on augmentation certain features to achieve ideal proportions of the face on the whole and certain features like lips.
Other group of clients seeking HA filler treatment can be defines as rejuvenation group. For the later group – restoring lost volume, increasing hydration and plumpness of skin and tissues.
Of course being in rejuvenation group does not mean that some goals of beautification can be achieved at the same time.
Areas for injection with HA Fillers
FDA and Health Canada approved fillers include: Restylane, Restylane Silk, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Defyne, Restylane Kysse, Belotero, Juvederm, Voluma, Volbella, and Vollure.
HA filler injections can be used for:
- nasolabial folds
- marionette lines (wrinkles/folds from mouth corners to the chin),
- cheek augmentation, cheekbone definition
- undereyes ala tear troughs
- dorsal hands
Different types of HA Fillers:
- Cross-linked: longer lasting, best for restoring volume to treat macroscopic aging
- Non-crossed linked: aka skin boosters, best for restoring hydration and tissue and skin plumpness while treating microscopic aging.
- Semi-cross linked HA fillers used for both micro- and macro- aging
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Clotting Disorders
- Active Cancer
- Auto-Immune Disease
- Thyroid Disease caused by thyroid nodules
- Hematological Disorders
- Leukemia, Liver/kidney disease
- Skin lesions, Active Tuberculosis
- Infection at proposed injection site ex cold sores
- Illness – even common cold because you can contaminate puncture points and a biofilm may form causing infection
Pre and After Considerations:
- 2 weeks before or after dentist appointment
- 2 weeks before or after other beauty injections for first time users
- Avoid red wine, vit E, Advil, at least 24 hours pre and post treatment with HA Fillers
- Avoid blood thinners (ex. aspirin) 48-72 hours before treatment an at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- Arnica and Pineapple are known to reduce bleeding and bruises post procedure.
- Some swelling and bruising is to be expected post procedure with HA Fillers.
- Post procedure avoid rigorous exercising, swimming pools and saunas for at least 48 hours
- No manipulating or massaging of injected area, and only sleeping on the back for 10-14 days post procedure.
- Watch for blanching in the skin (sings of vascular occlusion)
- Results seen immediately but may take up to 14 days to get to the final volume.
- Results last in general 12 months, but this is variable individually.
Before and After
Individual results may vary