Automated Microneedling with Eclipse MicroPen® Elite
Microneedling, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, is an advanced skin care treatment that dramatically improves the skin by significantly reducing fine lines, scarring, and stretch marks. At Eclat Spa, we use the Eclipse MicroPen® Elite in our microneedling treatment.
What Is Automated Microneedling?
Microneedling promotes collagen production in the skin, resulting in an even skin tone and less texture and giving your skin a beautiful glow overall. We use the Eclipse MicroPen® Elite, which is a non Epidermal Micro-Exfoliation (EME) device that stimulates skin tissue and improves its appearance.
The Eclipse MicroPen® Elite is designed and recommended for use by skin care professionals. It’s approved by the FDA and Health Canada as a non-invasive skin care treatment.
How Is Microneedling with Eclipse MicroPen® Elite Done?
Rochmond Hill microneedling is a popular skin treatment for a reason. Research has shown that microneedling results in a thickening of the skin along with a dramatic increase in collagen production and elastin fibers.
Further, the collagen neogenesis process starts 5 days the open microneedling wounds have healed, and it continues to recur for a long time afterwards. The formation of new collagen reaches its peak in about 12 weeks after treatment. The complete results are visible after 32 weeks from the last session of treatment. Clinical results vary between patients, but all patients achieve some improvements.
In general, microneedling benefits are that it:
- Is Affordable and Effective
- Requires Minimal Downtime
- Causes Minimal Discomfort
- Is Safe for Most Skin Types
- Provides Natural Results
1 treatment – $250+hst
3 treatments – $600+hst
In general, you can expect the following microneedling results:
- Improvement in the appearance of age spots, blackheads, and hyper-pigmentation
- Skin exfoliation and regeneration
- Reducing fine lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores, and stretch marks
- Reduce the appearance of acne scars and blemishes
Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several weeks. Results can continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment.
Microneedling Side Effects
Following the microneedling skin procedure, patients must consider the following:
- Patients with Fitzpatrick skin types V-VI may notice a darkening of the skin before they notice the full brightening effect of microneedling.
- Patients could experience redness within one to three days.
- Patients may experience inflammation, itching, and burning.
- There might be some skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the treated area.
Most of these visible side effects will last for a few hours after the treatment. The skin should be mostly healed within the next 24-36 hours after your microneedling richmond hill treatment.
To minimise the side effects of microneedling, follow these tips:
- Gently use sterile gauze to pat down the affected area.
- Apply a layer of hydrating serum or balm.
- Avoid intense exercise and sun exposure for 72 hours after the microneedling procedure.
- We recommend to use PCA post-microneedling kits containing gentle cleanser, hyaluronic boosting serum, and hydrating cream, as well as TiZO sunscreen to keep skin protected from harmful sun radiation . The price of post treatment kit and sunscreen is $100.
Precautions & Warnings Regarding Microneedling
Before you consider microneedling for your skin, consider the following risk factors:
- Discontinue auto-immune therapies or retinoid (Retin-A) and/or any form of skin treatment 24 hours prior to your microneedling appointment, under the care and direction of a physician.
- Do not treat active acne, rosacea, or other inflammatory skin conditions. Do not treat skin areas with piercings and/or open wounds.
- Microneedling cannot be administered for 6 months after isotretinoin (Accutane) regime.
- Microneedling is not suitable for patients with facial outbreaks such as herpes simplex virus, medication must be taken per doctor’s instructions.
- Patients with metal allergies or skin allergies are not good candidates for microneedling.
- Patients who have had a face lift or eyelid surgery within the past year, or dermabrasion, remodeling, deep chemical peels, or any surgical procedure on the treatment area cannot undergo microneedling within the first 3 months of the initial skin treatment.
- Microneedling is not suitable for patients who have had collagen, fat, or other methods of augmentation with injected materials in the treatment area in the last 6 months.
- Patients who had Botox, Xeomin or other neurotoxin injections, or filler injections should wait for 2-3 weeks to have microneedling treatment
- Patients who have excessively tanned or sunburned skin from the sun, tanning beds, or tanning creams within the last 2 weeks should not undergo microneedling.
Q & A about Microneedling
The procedure is typically completed in 30- 60 minutes. The treatment time can vary based on the required treatment and the area being treated.
Eclipse MicroPen® can be used on all parts of the body: face, neck, décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back.
The feeling associated with the Eclipse MicroPen® is similar to sandpaper being moved across the skin. While some areas are more sensitive than others, the speed of the reciprocating tip makes the treatment more comfortable.
Immediately after the treatment, you will notice a bright redness against the treated area.On average, patients experience redness for 1-3 days, (up to 5 days in rare cases). Some patients heal completely within 24 hours. Using the PCA post-microneedling kits after the microneedling treatment can aid the healing process.
Some patients only require a single treatment once a year to achieve optimal results. However, it is recommended for most patients to receive a series of 2-3 treatments spaced about 6-8 weeks apart. For patients with more significant skincare concerns, such as acne scars,it is recommended to receive 6-8 microneedling sessions at 6-week intervals.
Our clients visit our microneedling clinic from all over the GTA, including Toronto, Vaughan, Markham, Aurora, Newmarket, Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton, Milton, Barrie and more..
*Photographs are courtesy of Salient Medical Solutions
Individual results may vary